If anyone has ever had the pleasure of having some grand title while working for a non-profit, you understand that while the title may be meaningful to you (and your mom!), ultimately it means that you have done everything from stuffing envelopes to overseeing 1000 person events, to working on video production, fundraising campaigns, education curriculum, budgets, spreadsheets, putting together furniture, installing cubicle walls, packing and unpacking, representing your institution and “working the room.”
Twenty Five Years of Expertise
Did you know that Call Sheilah! brings more than 25 years of experience in non-profit staffing, operations and management and was one of the leaders in the successful and historic marriage equality campaign in New York State.
My work with various institutions in the Capital Region and in the State have afforded me the opportunity to hone skills that include operations, programming, administrative projects, communications, social media coordination and all aspects of strategic grassroots advocacy, programming, logistics, public speaking and planning, as well as decluttering, organizing and aid with small tasks and errands.
Short Term Project Oversight – Call Sheilah!
If your business or organization needs short term, project based operational help and/or staff support so your full time paid staff can focus on the work they are paid to do, please Call Sheilah! Give us a chance to support your project and achieve goals and deliverables so your staff can do their jobs without distraction.
The list of areas of expertise includes, but is certainly not limited to:
- Special Event Planning - Coordination of meetings/events and all details for your program/other efforts/event planning;
- Management and implementation of special projects;
- Administrative oversight and/or execution for temporary short as well as long term projects;
- Management of office relocation: identification of appropriate new space, pack up, coordination of equipment and services relocation; unpack and new location set up;
- Volunteer management and recruitment;
- Advocacy Day planning and implementation for your institutional needs at the State Capitol (overseeing recruitment, organization, implementation, statewide transportation from all points to the Capital, conference planning, messaging, run of show and the balance of hundreds of moving pieces);
- And more (this list only limited by creativity and imagination).
Call Sheilah! to find out more about what I’ve done and how I can bring that expertise to help manage and execute projects in your business and professional life.
We all know life's many tasks can get overwhelming no matter how big or small, personal or professional. At Call Sheilah! we believe that suffering because of them is truly optional. Let us help bring balance to your workplace and your life.